Thursday, October 4, 2012

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
      -For this art project, we were asked to showcase our value skills by drawing one of our peers. After randomly selecting one student, I traced the different values from her picture and transferred the traced image into my sketchbook. Using the transferred values layout as a guide, I then added depth and demention into my portrait, compairing my drawing to the original photograph.

2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait? 
      -As a prerequisite to this project, I created a simple value chart, making a gradient of nine values gradually developing in intensity from white to black. This value chart was then used in conjunction with the transferred shapes of values and the photograph of a peer, to select the appropriate level intensity.

3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
      -Ultimately my portrait had a full nine levels of values, so yes, i believe i was successful. As previously stated, I used a value chart to compare the levels of intensity from the original photograph to my drawing bearing the same face.

4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
      -The final product of my hard work is a smooth, evenly executed portrait.

5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
     -Drawing a blonde subject, it was easy to creat a very monotone, drab picture, so I had to push the values to create a more interesting work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment